Wednesday, 3 May 2017

Rules, Rules, Rules ... Which to Use?

I have a whole bunch of Wargames rules that I could use for this project, but don't know which to use ...

Possible candidates include (note these are rules that I own)

I'm planning on setting up a scenario representing the first shots in the latest border war between Timonistan and Pumbaaskaya then play it out repeatedly with different rules to see which is the best for me

Then I'll probably cherry-pick elements from other rules to get a hodge-podge that I like (as an example, the Received Fire Points from Hail of Fire is a superb idea that I'll want to use in other rules - if I can)

Armoured Strike will probably be first, as the author very kindly gave me the statistics for Conquerors via email, but I'll 'step down' the scale so that model vehicle representation is 1 : 1 rather than 1 : section/troop

Anyway, as usual this is all pie in the sky right now .. just getting my ideas/plans recorded so I don't forget them! and to seek your input of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment